I would like to take a minute and share my thoughts on Process Explorer:
-= Process Explorer =-
- Super Task Manager – on Steroids 🙂
- Lists many details about processes and threads otherwise hard or impossible to obtain.
-=- Process Explorer Basics -=-
- It uses a number of undocumented functions
- When you launch it for the first time under an Administrative context it loads a device driver to help it obtain some info.
- It helps to get the stacks of Kernel mode threads for debugging purposes.
– Get full path names of EXE’s and Dll’s for handles that are not within the current session.
– Runs on all versions of windows since Win95
– Related Commands
– Handle: command-line handle viewer
– Listdlls: command-line DLL viewer
-Process Explorer shows a parent-child relationship between processes organizing them in a Process Tree-View.
Example! services.exe is the services control manager application – is…
View original post 1,812 more words